Here at Family Medical Home, our priority has always been and remains our patients, their loved ones and the community of San Antonio. We know you are concerned and frightened about the COVID-19 Pandemic, but we are here with you to help navigate this confusing time. We have been diligently following the CDC and the City of San Antonio Metropolitan Health Dept recommendations. We are taking the proper precautions to minimize the risk of exposure and are implementing some new protocols to ensure yours and your loved ones safety.
- We will not allow any walk through traffic through our offices.
- We will be implementing telephonic and video appointments for patients that may not require an in office appointment. Your appointment with your Family Medical Home Doctor may be converted to a telephone or telemedicine consultation based on your doctor’s recommendation.
- For patients that do require an in office appointment, you will come to our office and remain in your vehicle and be given further instructions by our telephone schedulers.
- For patients that are seeking an appointment and have symptoms of fevers, body aches, chills, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath or meet the criteria for high risk for Coronavirus according to the CDC, you will have a telemedicine consultation scheduled where your doctor will perform routine questioning.
What can you expect from us?
- We will have staff ready during normal business hours, Mon – Fri, 8am to 5pm, to answer ANY of your concerns, including scheduling appointments, medication refills, referrals, or any medical inquiry.
- If you have a scheduled appointment in the next 3-4 weeks, our schedulers will be contacting you in the next several days to notify you of any change in your appointment.
- All your concerns and issues will be addressed and proper medical treatment will be dispensed while trying to avoid unnecessary potential exposure to you.
- Our telephone schedulers will provide you a direct extension to notify us once you have arrived. We will then notify you when to enter our clinic and our medical staff will direct you to the appropriate examination room for your visit with your doctor.
- We will have available curbside screening tests for Strep Throat, Flu and COVID-19 should your doctor recommend it.
- Proper safety attire will be worn by our staff in order to ensure your safety and that of our staff during face to face clinic appointments.
- We are also taking extra measures to wipe down all surfaces in our waiting rooms, hallways and examination rooms and we will be following the CDC and FDA recommendations.
- We will continue to monitor the CDC and SA Metro Health Dept for further changes and recommendations.
- We will communicate any other developments as they continue to unfold.
What can you do?
- Call us or message us through our Portal for ANY concerns.
- Please continue to follow proper hand washing hygiene and necessary contact precautions.
- If you are sick, please notify us and remain home to try to limit potential exposure to others.
- Do not come to our offices or waiting rooms unless you have an appointment scheduled.
- Call us at 210-571-7241 to notify us that you have arrived for your appointment and do not get out of your vehicle until instructed by our scheduling staff that we are ready to see you.
These precautions, while cumbersome, are to ensure your safety and to allow us to continue to provide quality care here at Family Medical Home.
Again, for any concerns or appointment questions, please call our office at 210-571-7241 or message us through our portal. You may also contact the health department for further evaluation and or testing guidance at 210-207-8876.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Your Family Medical Home Team